Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wednesday Top Ten List

This week's "Top Ten" is dedicated to words or phrases that make me cringe. Some of these are just subtle word choices that I for some odd reason always pick up, sound awkward or bother me. You hear them all the time. Others on the list include words or phrases that are overused or misused and end up sounding stupid or corny (but not corny in a good way).


Ascending in order from bearable to "I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that"

1. "Next on the line"-  (as oppose to "in line") I think this is a regional thing.

2. "Who of you" (ex. "It would be who of you to make sure you arrive on time.")

3. "Inebriated"- You were not that drunk after 1 and a half cranberry vodkas

4. "Berate"- This is directed to my teammates, but seriously... What happened to "bagging"?

5. "Blast Dookies"- (ex. "Dude, I gotta go blast some dookies.) I actually like this one.. I just wanted to share it : )

6. When girls or homo-normative males use "bitch", "slut" or "whore" as a term of endearment.

7. "Preggers"- That doesn't even make sense.

8. "Party Foul!"- That's just old... and come on it was an accident.

9.  When people announce uncomfortable situations by saying "Awkward!"-  That is just plain immature whether you are completely unaffected by the situation or if it actually makes you       uneasy.

10. Ending correspondence in "Cheers" or "Best" (and you are not from London, Ireland or Australia)- Best what? And unfortunately I am not reading your Email at a bar.


No comments: