Here's a good one. The other night I walked into my Hip Hop course and our teacher's aid had this looping and did cool effects on his mixer. It's one of those tracks that I've always kept in the rearview since the beat often gets remixed or played at the lounge or club. But haven't the original heard in a long time. So... enjoy it!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Here's a track that isn't on the EP on iTunes. The full album drops in late May. I can already hear this one being played all summer. I've been a fan of Phoenix since the beginning so I was excited to hear they finally finished their new album. Take a listen!
What do you think?
What do you think?
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Don't let the John King on CNN get to you! The recession is a self-fulfilling prophecy, so lift your spirits, ring in spring and rise on the shoulders of this week's recession proof Hit List.
- 10 cent Wing Monday and Wednesdays at Croxley Ales on Ave B between 2nd and 3rd St. has been my unofficial mead hall for years. Great staff. Excellent wings and an extensive beer list. Sure the church pews can be a little creepy, but the wings are worth it. It gets hectic on game days but for a laid back atmosphere come in after 11PM. The wing deal lasts til 1AM
- The monday night party at Dark Room in the LES has been drawing in crowds the past few weeks. (free PBRs from 11PM to 12AM...shhhh)
- Crocodile Lounge on 14th St. (and the Alligator Lounge in Brooklyn) gives you a free personal pizza with every beer.
- Speaking of Brooklyn, the Brooklyn Brewery hosts brewery tours on Saturday and Sunday on the hour from 12 noon to 4pm.
- For those of you who the recession is hitting especially hard join in on the celestial pre-game banger as the Sun takes the exact position it held in the sky as it did the day God created the universe this Wednesday before the fasting begins for the millions of Jews celebrating Passover.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Adopt an "N2K" policy on text messages-- that is, "need to know" texting only! (e.g. I'm going to be late, In class etc.) Senseless texting ("what are you up to?", "we're going to rage tonight!", "I hate my life" etc.) only works with close friends, family and those with whom you are intimate. Everything else can probably be handled more efficiently with a phone call. I've been doing it for the past few weeks and it has proven not only to be a hit, but also contagious. Try it.