Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Two Boots Pizzeria


I'll always remember my first slice of a real New York City pizza. It was a humid August day. I had just moved to the city and finished unpacking my room. I was excited to explore my new neighborhood and begin my hunt for go-to food spots. I flipped through a stack of menus on the kitchen counter when a bright yellow brochure caught my eye. It wasn't a typical pizza place. It was an Italian pizzeria with a Cajun flair hence the name "Two Boots", as in both the boot of Italy and Louisiana (which is also boot shaped). The menu boasted specialty pizzas with ingredients like shrimp (Bayou Beast), bacon cheeseburger (The Dude), and buffalo chicken (The Bird). I liked the concept of the pizza place. The pizzas were named after characters from TV and film classics like "Mr. Pink" from Reservoir Dogs and "The Dude" from The Big Lebowski.

Even after tasting some of NY's award winning pizzas, I'll always be able to appreciate the latest concoction from the kitchen of Two Boots.

No comments: