Friday, January 11, 2008

Like Clockwork


Since I've arrived back in New York my life has consisted of three things. Wrestling, eating and sleeping. Through winter break our team trains twice a day at the same exact time 6 days a week. At this point its not so much a physical challenge as it is a mental one. There is little room for anything other than these practices nowadays so everyone has their daily routine.

My day begins at 10am. The alarm on my phone vibrates twice then plays "The Entertainer". I hit snooze twice and get out of bed. My roommates are all just getting out of bed too. Together we get on the 6 train and when I get out and walk up the stairs I smell the breakfast from the Noho Star. On cold days my roommate points out his favorite patch of ice as we cross Crosby and then we go to practice. We leave the gym at around 12:30 go home and watch TV until the next work out. We repeat the subway ride at 3:45 and go back to the gym. After the afternoon workout we grab a slice at Two Boots and fantasize about the Hickory Burger at Houston's.

It finally occurred to me today that these things I have described happen literally everyday at the same time! It's kind of like that mid 90s comedy Ground Hog Day, starring Bill Murray. Remember Punxsatawney Phil?

I never thought having no responsibilities other than wrestling could be so depressing! Well the good news is that this weekend will finally bring a change in scenery as we leave to the Plymouth State Invitational in New Hampshire tomorrow.

Unless the hotel in NH has free WiFi I won't be able to post until Monday. Adios!

No comments: