Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Drivin' Me Wild

Tonight I cannot stop thinking about Lily Allen

I was first introduced to Lily Allen last summer. I have to admit that at first I had trouble taking her bubble gum pop beats seriously. I was quick to brand her as some sort of British Gwen Stefani that curses like a sailor. But then I heard a track called "Littlest Things" (easily the best track on the album). The ballad showed a softer side to the foul mouthed brit pop sensation and also showcased her vocal range.

I first saw this video on a plane to LA. The song is really catchy and I like when artists with such unique sounds collaborate. As if Kanye West and Common were not a enough, throwing Lily Allen into the equation makes a sure fire hit.

I guess what it comes down to is three things:

1) British accents are cute...
2) She has a nice voice
3) She some how makes wearing an astronaut suit and aviators sexy

Enjoy!

No comments: