Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Something About Us

As I woke up this morning and opened the blinds this song immediately came to mind. Maybe it was the weather or the blur of radiant colors on the crowded street below that reminded me of the first time I watched Interstella 5555.

This is the song that made me a Daft Punk fan. An instant classic. Note that I have chosen to display the episode from Interstella 5555 as oppose to the other video. I hadn't seen Interstella 5555 (the visual realization of the "Discovery" album) until long after I had first heard the song. When I saw the way the song was interpreted through anime and in the context of this story the song took on new meanings and I was able to appreciate it on another level. If you haven't seen it yet then I hope it does the same for you.

Enjoy!

No comments: