Friday, June 12, 2009

Top Ten Signs It's Summer (and you need a job)


I remember the summers in elementary school. I stayed up late to watch Conan, woke up at noon, had raspberry popsicles all day, watched MTV all day, taught myself to make quesadillas and grilled cheese and rollerbladed everywhere. Not much has changed since then.

Here are the Top 10 signs summer has arrived and you need to get a job. Now, I'm not one to judge. I have only been able to observe these signs because I, myself, have too much time on my hands.

So here they are:

1. You get more than 8 hours of sleep

2. You talk to the TV like they can hear you (during newscasts, movies, etc)

3. Unavoidable naps after lunch

4. Multiple showers a day

5. You look up every concert in town for the next month

6. Your alarm is your friends text that they've sent from work during their mid-morning break

7. Leaving the apartment for lunch is more about getting fresh air then hunger

8. You average 1.5 status updates on Facebook per day

9. You memorize every line to "She's All That" (1999)

10. You can name 3 Billy May's endorsed products

No comments: