Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Mercredi- La Liste Des Dix Premiers
I've been contemplating this all day and I decided to rank my top 10 teachers (K-12). Unlike Ratemyprofessor.com I ranked these instructors based on personality, raw teaching ability and the ex-factor... (as always)... corniness.
Since most people have no idea who these people are I have included a tag line that explains what earned them their spot among this special group.
Ascending from great to greatest:
1. Mrs. Steben (1st Grade)- Eucharistic minister who taught me how to tie my shoes
2. Mr. Nielsen (5th Grade)- The stereotypical "cool" teacher at every school.
3. Dr. Hatch (6th Grade Math) - Took me out of a traditional math courses
4. Mr. Luce (7th Grade History)- Main vocalist of the all-teacher cover band, Teacher's Pet.
5. Mrs. Porner (4th Grade)- Took me to Huntington Gardens 3 times.
6. Mr. Nitzani (7th Grade P.E.)- SPMS P.E. legend and inventor of 'Nitzani Ball'.
7. Ms. Fieblekorn (6th Grade P.E.)- She made me want to be an athlete.
8. Mrs. Bran (K)- All kindergarten teachers are nice, but not all of them can wear bell bottoms and sport an afro in '94!
9. Mrs. Fullinwider (Math 9th/10th)- Spent her weekends on a touring motorcycle. She was one of those teachers you hated for pushing you.
10. Mr. Ring (12th Bio)- I got a 'D' in his class and an 'A' in college level biology. He is a all around a great guy. Not to mention extremely corny.
I realize this list is completely useless and not entertaining for readers outside of the South Pasadena Unified School District loop... but my hope is that after reading this you think back to your Top Ten Teachers and the funny catch phrases and memories you've shared with them.
Lastly, to express my gratitude for these teachers here is a hit from my elementary school days. And yes, those are khaki shorts, plaid vests and ties.