Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mmmm... Orange Creamsicle


I've decided to feature food every Wednesday. I'm always on the hunt for good food. Some of my all-time favorites are Buffallo Wings, Chili Cheese Burgers, and beef kebabs (not all together though).

A couple of weeks ago I had an unpleasant experience at the beach. Not only was the gas nearly 4 dollars per gallon but the weather wasn't great and my friends and I were getting lost. My friends Alex and Doug were getting hungry so we decided to stop at a Jack In The Box the we frequently eat at when we go to the beach. One of my friends ordered an Orange and Cream Shake. It sounded tasty and it was. It was a nostalgic flavor that made me feel like I had known the shake all my life even though it was relatively new item on the menu. It didn't have the taste of an original orange creamsicle, but it had the taste of the candy that was made to recreate that flavor. It was perfect, like those orange flavored Tootsie Rolls that they used to have or orange flavored Flinstons Push-Ups.

I had the opportunity to get the shake today because I spend nearly all of my day at PCC (Pasadena City College)on wednesdays and there is a Jack across the street. The shake may be a limited time deal so you should try one before they disappear like those flavored Tootsie Rolls. Whatever happened to those? Bon Apetite!

1 comment:

MikE said...

we are but i dont think doug is