Something tells me that the 200th post doesn't come with as much hype as 100th. It's kind of like your 20th birthday-- kind of exciting but nothing new.
In preparation for a much needed break back home (LA) I'm making a list of some new food spots that have sprouted up in the past few months. Here's a little preview.
1. The Golden State- Menu boasts entirely CA made products
2. Umami Burger- White truffle cheeseburger.. 'nuff said
3. The LAB- It's a gastropub that looks like a chem lab on USC's campus
4. Reservoir- Arugula, prosciutto, manchego, fried egg pizza (!!!!)
5. The Varnish- Fine cocktails served in the backroom inside a french dip sandwich spot I featured a few months ago. (If you find it I'll be there. Hint: it's not Philippes)