Friday, January 09, 2009

By Popular Demand


Unlikely circumstances have lead to my relocation into an undergraduate dorm here at NYU. I can't help but note the irony that my final semester in college will be my first semester in the dorms (a fact that also owes itself to unlikely circumstances). While it seems like every sophomore is dying to move out into their own overpriced bachelor(ette) pad in Manhattan I've found myself settling into a mediocre apartment-style residence hall in a neighborhood that an optimist would call TriBeCa but your nose would tell you Chinatown.

Regardless of the change in scenery I can't find a single thing to complain about. Sharing a room for the first time will undoubtedly take some getting used to. But I couldn't of asked for a better person to share a room with (team mate/ friend/ and of course, avid reader of the Bzablog). Not to mention all the other familiar faces who I've already run into here. People I've known since my first week in NYC.

Maybe it takes two years struggling to find a shoebox for rent in the Manhattan real estate market to appreciate the luxuries of the dorm life I've never known.

So here's to the next and for some of us the last semester.

No comments: