Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Delirium Pub

Delirium Pub is a popular beer-lovers destination in Brussels. My friends and I entered the smoke filled pub late on a Wednesday night. The place was surprisingly packed but luckily after a few minutes of awkwardly lurking over some tables we were able to secure a huge emptied out beer tank that had been cleverly transformed into a gazebo.

I immediately noted the professionalism of the men behind the bar. They weren't dressed like the typical bartender at a pub, they dawned industrial looking aprons and smocks-- like beer scientists. They moved swiftly and listened intently behind the bar. I finally weaseled my way up to the front of the pack and stuck my arm out. I ordered two Deleriums for Pudding and I and a strawberry beer for Brenna. They went down smooth and were much better than they've ever been from the bottles they sell at Morton Williams.

In a city that prides itself on beer, fries and waffles this pub can't be missed!

No comments: