Friday, October 10, 2008

Buddakan

About a two minute walk from my apartment on the North East side of Piazza Santa Croce is an Asian Fusion restaurant called Buddakan. I'm usually skeptical about "fusion" restaurants, but when you go 3 months without Pad Thai you turn to desperate measures.

I ordered the "Zuppa agropiccante con gambieri" a.k.a. tom yum soup and the pad thai. The place is Chinese owned, and I've never been to Thailand so I can't speak about the dishes' authenticity but compared to Thai food in NYC it was decent. I particularly enjoyed the freshness of the cherry tomatoes, zucchini and carrot in the pad thai.

Buddakan is a nice alternative to the hundreds of trattorias and restaurants peppered throughout the Santa Croce area. It's a good choice for when you're tired of having pizza and pasta everyday. Prices aren't cheap and the portions are big enough to share for two.

No comments: