Don't let the John King on CNN get to you! The recession is a self-fulfilling prophecy, so lift your spirits, ring in spring and rise on the shoulders of this week's recession proof Hit List.
- 10 cent Wing Monday and Wednesdays at Croxley Ales on Ave B between 2nd and 3rd St. has been my unofficial mead hall for years. Great staff. Excellent wings and an extensive beer list. Sure the church pews can be a little creepy, but the wings are worth it. It gets hectic on game days but for a laid back atmosphere come in after 11PM. The wing deal lasts til 1AM
- The monday night party at Dark Room in the LES has been drawing in crowds the past few weeks. (free PBRs from 11PM to 12AM...shhhh)
- Crocodile Lounge on 14th St. (and the Alligator Lounge in Brooklyn) gives you a free personal pizza with every beer.
- Speaking of Brooklyn, the Brooklyn Brewery hosts brewery tours on Saturday and Sunday on the hour from 12 noon to 4pm.
- For those of you who the recession is hitting especially hard join in on the celestial pre-game banger as the Sun takes the exact position it held in the sky as it did the day God created the universe this Wednesday before the fasting begins for the millions of Jews celebrating Passover.